The Swarthmorean and the Swarthmore News, 1914-2013

Unlike most communities its size, the Swarthmore has boasted a number of newspapers covering both College and Borough news. The Swarthmore Phoenix, published on campus, was bugun in December of 1881. The first community paper was the Swarthmore, published by the indefatigable John A. Cass. In 1929, the Swarthmorean appeared and continues as a weekly publication. Other newspapers such as the Borough, the Independent, and a 1905-1906 College Press periodical called the Swarthmorean were short-lived.

Surviving issues of the Swarthmorean and the Swarthmore News have been microfilmed. Digitization of the of this collection was funded by the Swarthmore Historical Society.

Browsing as Anonymous (not verified)
528 items [showing 1 - 20]

Pages

The Swarthmorean, 1929-04
The Swarthmorean, 1929-11
The Swarthmorean, 1929-12
The Swarthmorean, 1929-08
The Swarthmorean, 1933-07
The Swarthmorean, 1933-03
The Swarthmorean, 1933-04
The Swarthmorean, 1933-11
The Swarthmorean, 1931-03
The Swarthmorean, 1931-04
The Swarthmorean, 1931-05
The Swarthmorean, 1932-11
The Swarthmorean, 1932-06
The Swarthmorean, 1932-05
The Swarthmorean, 1934-01
The Swarthmorean, 1934-05
The Swarthmorean, 1934-04
The Swarthmorean, 1933-10
The Swarthmorean, 1934-03
The Swarthmorean, 1933-06

Pages